YieldMakes 1 serving.
- 4 oz Baby Red Skin Potatoes
- 5 g Markon RSS Garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 g Markon RSS Green Onions
- 1 ct Egg
- 4½ oz Smashed Potatoes
- 28 g Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 g Chopped Chives
For the Smashed Potatoes
- Boil potatoes until soft, then cool on a tray.
- Press with another tray to "smash," then keep cool until needed.
- Portion with a scoop directly into the fryer at 350°F until crispy and golden.
- Toss the fried potatoes with roasted garlic and oil, coarse salt, pepper and sliced green onions and serve with any main.
For the Ace Benedict
- Poach the egg in vinegar seasoned water, drain and rest on paper towel-lined sheet.
- Fry and season the smashed potato portion.
- To plate: Place the potatoes on a serving plate and rest the egg on top. Dress with hollandaise and garnish with chopped chives.
Recipe: Nathan Voulgaris, Gordon Food Service Business Solutions Specialist, Winnipeg