Bratwurst Pastry Puff
Prep Time5 minutes. Makes 1 serving.
- 1 ct. Bratwurst, uncooked
- 1 ct. 4x4 Puff Pastry
- 1 Tbsp. Recipe: Egg Wash
- 1 ct. Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Whisk together the egg and water into a brushable texture.
- 4 oz. Recipe: Fermented Cabbage
- 1 ct. Cabbage Head, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 c. Beer
- 4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Pickling Spice
- Place the cabbage wedges into a container.
- Boil the remaining ingredients in a pot for 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot brine over the cabbage and place a plate atop the cabbage to keep it submerged.
- Cover the container and refrigerate until needed for service.
- 1 oz. Recipe: Maple Mustard Seeds
- ⅓ c. Yellow Mustard Seeds
- ⅓ c. White Wine Vinegar
- ⅓ c. Beer
- 3 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp. Ground Turmeric
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a pot.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a covered container and refrigerate overnight.
- 4 oz. Recipe: Roasted Carrots
- 4 ct. Baby Rainbow Carrots, washed, trimmed and split lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- garnish Fresh Dill
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Toss the carrots with olive oil, salt, pepper and sugar
- Transfer the carrots to the sheet pan and roast in the oven for 8 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Garnish with fresh dill.
Recipe: Egg Wash
Recipe: Fermented Cabbage
Recipe: Maple Mustard Seeds
Recipe: Roasted Carrots
- Roll a puff pastry piece around the bratwurst sausage link.
- Brush the puff pastry with egg wash.
- Place the puff pastry-wrapped bratwurst on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, or until the pastry puffs and is golden-brown.
- Arrange a wedge of fermented cabbage on a serving plate.
- Top the cabbage with roasted carrots.
- Spoon the mustard seeds over the cabbage and carrots.
- Place the bratwurst pastry puff on top for service.