Prep Time30-45 minutes. Makes 2-4 servings.
- 2 ct. Gordon Choice Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 6-8 oz.
- ½ c. Gordon Choice All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Trade East Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Trade East Black Pepper
- ¼ c. Whole Milk
- 3 ct. Gordon Choice Large Eggs
- 1 c. Gordon Choice Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1 c. Gordon Choice Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ c. Romano Cheese, grated
- 2-4 Tbsp. Gordon Choice Salted Butter
- 2-4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 c. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Arugula
- ¼ c. Markon Ready-Set-Serve Red Onion, sliced thin
- ½ c. Grape Tomatoes, halved
- ⅛ c. Gordon Choice Olive Oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. Lemon Juice, fresh
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ c. Romano Cheese
PREPARE THE CHICKEN MILANESE:
- Slice chicken horizontally into thin pieces.
- Pound each portion of chicken until thin (no holes) for dredging in three separate dishes.
- Combine flour and salt and pepper in one dish.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs in a second dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the Romano cheese in a third dish.
- Season both sides of the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken, one piece at a time, in the three bowls in this order: flour, eggs, breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter and 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until bubbling hot.
- Add 2 pieces of the breaded chicken and cook, flipping once, until the breading is golden brown and the chicken is cooked, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a clean plate, continuing until all of the chicken is cooked.
- Combine the arugula, red onion, grape tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a chilled mixing bowl.
- Serve 1 piece of cooked chicken on each plate. Top with the dressed arugula salad. Add more Romano cheese over the top and garnish with fresh lemon wedges.
- If desired, serve the Chicken Milanese with arugula salad alongside some creamy risotto.