Chicken Thigh White Bean Hash
- 2.7 kg. Boneless, Skin-On Chicken Thighs
- 1½ c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2.7 kg. (Recipe) White Bean Hash
- 0.9 kg. GFS Dry Navy Beans
- 1 gal. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Gordon Signature Roasted Chicken Base
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Zesty Country Seasoning
- 57 ml. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.4 kg. Markon Jumbo Spanish Onions, small dice
- 0.4 kg. Leeks, thin sliced
- 0.4 kg. Markon Jumbo Celery, small dice
- 0.4 kg. Yellow Bell Peppers, small dice
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 0.9 kg. Markon Brussels Sprouts, quartered
- 0.7 kg. Kale, trimmed and quartered
- 1.4 kg. Markon Sweet Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1½ c. Chardonnay
- 1½ c. Markon Shallots
- 3 c. (Recipe) Light Chicken Gravy
- 2.8 kg. Roasted Chicken Gravy
- 2 c. 2% Milk
(Recipe) White Bean Hash
1. Place beans in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Cover with cold tap water. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
2. Drain water from the beans into a large rondeau. Add chicken base and country seasoning. Bring to a boil. Simmer the beans until tender, adding water, if necessary. Leave enough liquid so the finished beans are slightly soupy.
3. Place oil in a heated rondeau. Add onions, leeks, celery, peppers and garlic. Sauté until cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts to the beans. Simmer over low heat until the Brussels sprouts are cooked through but still firm to the bite. Add sautéed vegetable mixture. Simmer 1-2 minutes.
(Recipe) Light Chicken Gravy
1. Place gravy and milk in a nonreactive sauce pot. Bring to a boil and simmer 2–3 minutes. Let cool. Cover, label, date, and refrigerate for future service.
1. Trim any excess fat from each chicken thigh. Place in a covered, labeled and dated storage container.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Brush both sides of the chicken with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on a heated char-grill or broiler, skin-side down. Hatch mark the skin side of the chicken. Turn the chicken over. Grill until cooked through.
2. Add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil to a heated, nonstick sauté pan. As soon as the oil begins to smoke, add 57 g of tomato halves. Cook over high heat, tossing pan, until skins begin to char. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the tomatoes from the pan. Add 28 g of kale to the warm pan. Cook until kale begins to wilt. Add tomatoes to the kale. Toss the pan to mix the vegetables.
3. Add 28 g of white wine and 1 Tbsp. of shallots, 57 g of chicken gravy and 28 g of heavy cream to a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Bring to a boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place 170 g of warmed bean hash in the center of a warmed serving plate. Place the chicken on top of the hash, and the tomato-kale mix over the chicken. Drizzle 28 g of light chicken gravy around the edge of the bean hash.