Clam Chowder Poutine
- 1.4 L Chardonnay*
- 1 1/2 c Markon Cleaned Shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 c GFS Grade AA Unsalted Butter
- 5.4 kg Littleneck Clams, thawed
- 1/2 c Markon Fresh Italian Parsley, trimmed and chopped
- 5.4 kg GFS 3/8” Extra Long Fries
- 5.7 L GFS Clam Chowder, warmed
- 1/2 c Markon Jumbo Celery, separate inner leaves
*Available through the retail market
1. Place 60 ml of chardonnay, 1 Tbsp shallots and 1 Tbsp of butter in a nonstick sauté pan. Add half of the clam liquid and 226 g of clams to the pan. Cover the pan and bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes, or until the clams open and are just warmed through. Sprinkle 1 tsp of parsley over the top of the clams. Toss pan to evenly mix.
2. Place 226 g of french fries in a 177°C (350°F) deep-fryer. Cook 3 1/2 minutes or until golden-brown and just warmed through. Mound the fries in a warmed serving dish. Ladle 226 g of warmed clam chowder over the top of the fries. Scatter the clams over the top of the fries. Sprinkle 8-10 celery leaves over the top of the clams and fries.