Clam Chowder Poutine
YieldMakes 24 560 g servings.
- 1.4 L Dry White Wine
- 350 ml GFS Shallots, minced
- 360 g GFS Unsalted Butter
- 5.4 kg Little Neck Clams, thawed, reserve juice
- ½ c. Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- 5.4 kg GFS Regular Cut Extra Long French Fries
- 5.7 L Boston Clam Chowder, warmed
- 1½ c. Markon Jumbo Celery Leaves
1. Place 60 ml of wine, 1 Tbsp. of shallots and 1 Tbsp. of butter in a nonstick sauté pan. Add 225 g of clams, cover and bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until the clams open and are just warmed through. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of parsley and toss to mix.
2. Place 225 g of french fries in a 177℃ (350°F) fryer. Cook 3½ minutes or until golden-brown. Place the fries in a serving bowl.
3. Ladle 240 ml of warmed clam chowder over the top of the fries. Top with clams. Garnish with celery leaves.