Crispy Prosciutto Field Greens Salad
- 680 g Primo Gusto Prosciutto Ham
- 2 kg Markon Ready-Set-Serve Spring Mix
- 1.36 kg Fuji Apples
- 680 g Blue Cheese
- 680 g Recipe: Pickled Cranberries
- 2 Tbsp Trade East Whole Fennel Seed
- 2 Tbsp Trade East Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp Trade East Pickling Spice
- 2.3 L Harvest Valley 100% White Grape Juice
- 710 ml Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1.36 kg Cranberries, dried
- to taste Trade East Salt
- to taste Trade East Black Pepper
- 24 oz Recipe: Clover Honey Vinaigrette
- 54 g Markon Lemons, juiced
- 946 ml GFS Clear Canola Salad Oil
- 218 g GFS Clover Honey
- 236 ml Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Trade East Ground White Pepper
- 48 oz Recipe: Sweet Onion Confit
- 3.6 kg Sweet Vidalia Onions
- 32 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 355 ml Chardonnay Wine
- 355 ml 100% Apple Juice
- 177 ml GFS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 165 g GFS Medium Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Trade East Ground White Pepper
Recipe: Pickled Cranberries
1. Place the pickling spice, fennel and peppercorns in a piece of cheesecloth. Tie the top closed with a piece of butcher’s twine to make a sachet.
2. Place the grape juice, vinegar, salt and the sachet in a nonreactive pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes. Add the cranberries. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove the sachet.
3. Place the cranberries with the cooking brine in a nonreactive storage container. Allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Recipe: Clover Honey Vinaigrette
1. Zest the lemons. Chop fine, 2 tbsp. will be needed. Juice the lemons on an electric juicer. 59 ml will be needed.
2. Place the canola oil, honey, rice vinegar, lemon zest and juice, salt and white pepper in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk together thoroughly. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Whisk together thoroughly before each use.
Recipe: Sweet Onion Confit
1. Slice the ends off of the onions. Slice in half end to end. Slice widthwise ⅛" thick widthwise. Place the olive oil in a heated, nonreactive rondeau. Add the onions. Sauté until caramelized and tender.
2. Add the white wine, apple juice, cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper to the onions. Bring to a boil. Simmer until the liquid has reduced and the onions are almost dry. Stir frequently. Allow to cool. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Slice the prosciutto into 14 g pieces on an electric slicer. Place the slices side by side on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in a heated 163°C convection oven. Cook 10 minutes or until crunchy. 50% yield after baking. Place in a storage container. Cover until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 85 g of spring mix, 57 g of apple and 28 g each of blue cheese and pickled cranberries in a chilled stainless steel mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss together until blended. Mound on a chilled serving plate.
2. Drizzle 32 ml of clover honey vinaigrette over the top of the salad mixture. Criss-cross two
7 g pieces of crispy prosciutto on the top centre of the salad. Spoon 57 g of onion compote on top of the prosciutto.