Fennel Olive Toast
YieldMakes 24 225 g-servings.
- 12 ct. Markon Navel Oranges, sliced into segments
- 420 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.4 kg Fennel, sliced into 2.5cm (1”) pieces; reserve the fronds
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 570 g Jumbo Pitted Kalamata Olives, sliced in half
- 12 g Italian Parsley
- 45 g Clubhouse Garlic Plus 1-Step Seasoning
- 24 ct. Grain Bread, slices
- 2 kg Hummus
- 340 g GFS Walnut Halves, toasted and chopped
1. Trim and peel the oranges. Slice into segments. Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare a la carte:
1. Place 1 tsp. of olive oil on a heated flat griddle. Place 60 g of sliced fennel on the griddle. Cook until tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a warmed stainless steel mixing bowl. Add 60 g of orange segments, 25 g of olives and ½ tsp. chopped parsley. Sprinkle ½ tsp. of zesty seasoning on top of the mixture. Toss to combine.
2. Brush both sides of the bread with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Grill on both sides until golden-brown. Spread 85gm of hummus on one side of the bread. Place on a serving plate. Top with the fennel mixture. Sprinkle with 14gm of walnuts. Garnish with a fennel frond.