Mediterranean Falafel Salad
- 1.8 kg GFS Falafel Mix
- 1.4 L Water
- 2 kg Markon Romaine Lettuce Hearts
- 1 kg Markon Essentials Sweet Grape Tomatoes
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 1 kg Seedless Cucumbers
- 680 g Spanish Queen Olives, unstuffed
- 680 g Jumbo Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 1 kg Recipe: Creamy Tahini Dressing
- 907 g Plain Greek Yogurt
- 122 g Pure Ground Sesame Seed Tahini Paste
- 2 Tbsp Markon Lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp Trade East Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp Trade East Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp Trade East Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Trade East Ground White Pepper
- 680 g Feta Cheese
- 213 g GFS Pignolia Raw Pine Nuts
Recipe: Creamy Tahini Dressing
1. Place the yogurt, Tahini, lemon juice, granulated onion and garlic, salt and pepper in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk together until blended. Adjust to desired consistency with cold tap water, if necessary.
2. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
1. Place 1.8 kg of falafel mix and 1.4 L of water in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate. Rest mix 30 minutes to reconstitute before use.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Similar to making drop biscuits, using a spoon drop seven 14 g portions of prepared falafel mix into a heated 177°C deep-fryer. Cook up to 3½ minutes or until golden-brown and just cooked through. Allow to drain.
2. Place 1 tsp. of canola oil in a heated, nonstick saute pan. Add 45 g of grape tomato halves to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss over medium high heat for about 15 seconds to char the tomatoes. Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl.
3. Add 85 g of romaine, 43 g of cucumbers, 28 g each of green and black olives, to the charred tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss together until blended. Spoon onto a chilled serving plate. Drizzle 43 g of creamy tahini dressing over the top of the salad. Sprinkle 28 g of crumbled feta and 1 Tbsp of pine nuts over the top of the salad. Space the 7 pieces of falafel on the edge of the salad around the plate.