Minty Matcha Mocha Hot Chocolate
- 295 ml. Recipe: Double-Strength Coffee
- 148 ml. Mosaic Ground Italian Roast Coffee
- 1 ct. Coffee Filter
- 3 L. Water
- 30 ml. GFS Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Recipe: Minty Matcha Slurry
- 3 L. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Matcha Green Tea
- 28 g. Markon Fresh Mint Leaves, trimmed
- 30 ml. Recipe: Classic Whipped Cream
- 946 ml. GFS Heavy Whipping Cream
- 70 g. GFS Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. GFS Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 sprig Fresh Mint Leaves
Recipe: Double-Strength Coffee
1. Using a standard coffee maker, place coffee in a filter-lined brewing basket.
2. Brew with 3 L. of 91ºC-96ºC (195ºF-205ºF) water.
3. Cool, then transfer to a storage container. Refrigerate until needed.
Recipe: Minty Matcha Slurry
1. Place the water and mint in a blender. Blend until smooth. Scrape into a storage container using a rubber spatula.
2. Whisk the matcha into the water and mint. Cover, label, date, and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe: Classic Whipped Cream
1. Chill an electric mixing bowl and whipping attachment.
2. Add heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Whip until stiff peaks begin to form.
3. Place in a stainless-steel storage container or pastry bag. Refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Pour of double-strength coffee, heavy cream, chocolate syrup, and minty matcha slurry in a nonstick saucepan. Bring to a fast boil. Whisk continuously.
2. Pour into a warmed 473 ml. coffee mug. Using a pastry bag, squeeze whipped cream on top of the hot chocolate. Sprinkle a tiny amount of matcha through a fine mesh tea infuser on top of the whipped cream. Place a mint sprig in the whipped cream at the edge of the glass.