- 1 gal Chicken Broth
- 57 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 454 g Ready-Set-Serve 1/4 Inch Diced Onions
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 kg Short Grain Arborio Rice
- 454 g (Recipe) Nduja Sausage
- 181 g Trade East Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Trade East Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Trade East Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Trade East Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- 2 tsp Trade East Ground White Pepper
- 907 g Pork Belly
- 454 g Prosciutto Ham
- 340 g Duck Fat Oil
- 57 g Roasted Garlic
- 237 ml Chardonnay Wine*
- 80 g Gordon Choice California Tomato Paste
- 1.4 kg (Recipe) Green Goddess Dressing
- 1.96 kg GFS Sour Cream
- 1.96 kg GFS Heavy-Duty Mayonnaise
- 4 ct Markon Essentials 140 Count Choice Lemons
- 28 g Markon First Crop Italian Parsley
- 28 g Markon First Crop Basil
- 28 g Markon First Crop Chives
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Trade East Granulated Onion
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Trade East Granulated Garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Trade East Ground White Pepper
- 28 g Markon First Crop Italian Parsley
(Recipe) Nduja Sausage
1. Place the paprika, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, cayenne and white pepper in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Mix together until blended.
2. Dice the pork belly and prosciutto into 1/4" pieces. Keep separate when chopping. In small batches, place the pork belly in a food processor fitted with a metal chopping blade. Pulse chop into coarse granular pieces. Place in a chilled electric stainless steel mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment. Place the prosciutto in the food processor. Pulse chop into coarse granular pieces. Add to the electric mixing bowl with the pork belly. Add the duck fat, garlic and seasoning mixture.
3. Mix on the lowest speed until blended. Do not over mix. The pork belly and prosciutto should be in small granular pieces small enough to be spreadable. Place in a nonreactive storage container. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
(Recipe) Green Goddess Dressing
1. Zest the lemons and chop. Squeeze the juice through a strainer. Reserve 2 Tbsp of zest and 59 ml cup of juice.
2. Place the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, basil, chives, granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt and white pepper in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk together thoroughly.
3. In batches place the dressing ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth. Place in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk the batches together. Place in a covered storage container and refrigerate until needed.
*Available through the retail market.
1. Bring one gallon of chicken stock to a boil. Add 64 ml of olive oil to a heated rondeau. Add 454 g of onions and 2 Tbsp of garlic. Cook until onions are translucent. Add 992 g of risotto, 454 g of nduja, 227 ml of wine and 113 g of tomato paste. Mix together. Add enough stock to cover the rice. Cover and allow to simmer. Stir frequently. Cook until the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Continue adding the stock a ladle at a time, while frequently stirring. Cook until all of the stock has been absorbed but is still al dente., approximately 30 minutes. Spread the risotto out in two 2" full stainless steel hotel pans. Loosely cover with film wrap. Refrigerate until cold. Scoop the risotto into 28 g portions using a #40 orchid disher. Hand roll into balls. Place the scoops on a parchment lined sheet tray.
3. Break the eggs into a stainless steel mixing bowl. Add a small amount of water. Mix thoroughly using a wire whisk. Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate 4" full stainless steel hotel pans. Roll the risotto balls in the flour and shake off excess. Place in the eggs and allow to drain. Roll in the bread crumbs. Shake off any excess crumbs. Transfer to a storage container in a single layer. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare a la carte portion:
Place 5 arancini in a heated 177°C deep fryer. Cook up to 4 minutes or until golden brown and just heated through. Allow to drain. Place two 28 g scoops of green goddess dressing on the left and right side of a serving plate. Using the back of a serving spoon, drag the spoon through the sauce following the contour of the plate to create two shallow half moon shaped wells. Place the arancini in a circular pattern on top of the sauce. Place 4-5 sprigs of parsley in the center of the plate next to the arancini.