YieldMakes 24 396-g. servings.
- 5.4 kg. GFS Ground Beef
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- 48 oz. (Recipe) Nduja Sausage
- 1/4 c. Trade East Paprika
- 1/4 c. Trade East Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 c. Trade East Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Red Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East White Pepper
- 2.5 kg. Pork Belly
- 2.5 kg. Ham Proscuitto Halves
- 340 g. Duck Fat
- 56 g. Roasted garlic
- 3 tsp. GFS Canola Oil Pan Coating Spray
- 24 ct. GFS 4.25 Inch Brioche Buns
- 24 ct. (Recipe) Hamburger Garnish
- 170 g. Markon Green Leaf Lettuce
- 1.36 kg. Markon Large Tomatoes
- 170 g. Markon Jumbo Red Onion
- 680 g. GFS Hamburger-Sliced Dill Pickle Chips
(Recipe) Nduja Sausage
1. Place the paprika, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, cayenne and white pepper in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix together until blended.
2. Dice the pork belly and prosciutto into small pieces. Keep separate when chopping. In small batches, place the pork belly in a food processor fitted with a metal chopping blade. Pulse-chop into coarse, granular pieces. Place in the chilled stainless-steel bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Place the prosciutto in the food processor. Pulse-chop into coarse, granular pieces. Add to the bowl of the electric mixer with the pork belly. Add the duck fat, garlic and seasoning mixture.
3. Mix on the lowest speed until blended. Do not overmix. The pork belly and prosciutto should be in granular pieces small enough to be spreadable. Place in a nonreactive storage container and refrigerate until ready to use.
(Recipe) Hamburger Garnish
Shingle 7 g. piece of leaf lettuce, two 30 g. slices of tomato, a 7 g. slice of red onion and 30 g. of pickles on serving plate. Use as needed.
Hand-patty the ground beef into 11 cm., 240 g. portions. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pinch 56 g. of nduja into small diced pieces. Going around one side of the patty, push 30 g. of the nduja pieces into the burger. Turn the burger over and repeat the same procedure on the second side. Place in a storage container between parchment-paper layers. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Spray the inside halves of the top and bottom of the bun with cooking spray. Place the bun, oiled-side down, on a heated flat-griddle. Grill until golden-brown.
2. Place a nduja burger on a heated flat-griddle. Cook on both sides to desired doneness.
3. Place the hamburger garnish on the left portion of a serving plate. Place the bottom half of the bun, grilled-side up, on the plate next to the hamburger garnish. Place the nduja burger on the bun. Lean the top half of the bun against the burger.