Nduja Clams And Rigatoni
- 2.7 kg Mini Rigatoni Pasta
- 1.4 kg (Recipe) Nduja Sausage
- 181 g Trade East Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Trade East Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Trade East Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Trade East White Pepper
- 907 g Pork Belly
- 454 g Prosciutto Ham Halves
- 340 g Rendered Duck Fat
- 57 g Roasted Garlic
- to taste Trade East Sea Salt
- to taste Trade East Black Pepper
- 1.4 L Chardonnay
- 1.4 L GFS 35% Heavy Whipping Cream
- 362 g Markon Cleaned Shallots
(Recipe) Nduja Sausage
1. Place the paprika, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper, cayenne and white pepper in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix together until blended.
2. Dice the pork belly and prosciutto into ¼” pieces. Keep separate when chopping. In small batches, place the pork belly in a food processor fitted with a metal chopping blade. Pulse-chop into coarse granular pieces. Place in the chilled stainless-steel mixing bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Place the prosciutto in the food processor. Pulse-chop into coarse granular pieces. Add to the bowl of the electric mixer with the pork belly. Add the duck fat, garlic and seasoning mixture.
3. Mix on the lowest speed until blended. Do not overmix. The pork belly and prosciutto should be in granular pieces small enough to be spreadable. Place in a nonreactive storage container. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Gradually add the pasta to the boiling water. Return to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking. Cook to preferred tenderness and drain immediately.
2. Rinse the pasta in cold water, place in a colander and allow to drain. Transfer to a storage container. Add a small amount of oil, if desired, to prevent sticking. Mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in a storage container, cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place the nduja in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. As soon as the nduja begins to caramelize add 60 ml each of Chardonnay and heavy cream and 1 Tbsp of shallots to the nduja. Bring to a boil. Add a 454 g bag of clams with the broth and 227 g of rigatoni. Cover the pan and bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until the clams have opened and are just warmed through.
2. Spoon the clams into a warmed serving bowl. Pour the warmed nduja mixture over the top of the clams. Sprinkle 1 tsp of parsley over the top of the clams.