Overnight Swiss Muesli
YieldMakes 1 227-g serving.
- 35 g Recipe: Alpine Muesli Blend Batch
- 680 g Old Fashioned Oats Cereal
- 113 g Almonds, sliced and blanched
- 113 g Hemp Hearts
- 85 g Sunflower Seeds, raw
- 85 g Golden Raisins, dried
- 57 g Flax Seed
- 57 g Pepita Seeds, raw
- 57 g Dried Blueberries
- 57 g Dried Cherries
- 57 g Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- 142 g Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 28 g Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ¾ tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 ct Markon Granny Smith Apple, grated
- 28 g Recipe: Raspberry Preserves
- 2.2 kg GFS Whole Raspberries, IQF
- 326 g Granulated Sugar
- 1 ct Navel Orange, juiced and zested
- 106 g Granulated Sugar
- 50 g Pectin Powder
Recipe: Alpine Muesli Blend Batch
1. Gather all ingredients and mix in a large stainless steel bowl until fully incorporated.
2. Once combined, place in a large Cambro container with a fitted lid or portion in desired amounts for service.
Recipe: Raspberry Preserves
1. Thaw the raspberries overnight before adding the fruit and any juices to a large rondeau.
2. Add 326 g of sugar, orange juice and zest to the rondeau with the thawed fruit.
3. In a stainless steel bowl, whisk the 106 g of sugar with the pectin until fully combined.
4. Bring the raspberries to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer until it reduces slightly (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally with a high-heat spatula.
5. Bring the mixture back to a boil and whisk in the sugar/pectin mixture whisking constantly (about 2 minutes).
6. Remove the rondeau from the heat and pour into a hotel pan and place under refrigeration until fully cooled and congealed.
7. Place in deli containers with lids and refrigerate until needed.
1. Combine the alpine muesli mix, yogurt and almond milk in a stainless steel bowl.
2. Mix with a spatula until muesli mix is completely coated.
3. Fold in the chia seeds.
4. Using a box grater, grate the green apple (skin on) to the core. Fold in the grated apple and discard the core.
5. Place in storage container or grab-and-go disposable container and refrigerate overnight.
6. To serve the following day, garnish with raspberry preserves and, if desired, more apple slices, seeds and nuts.
Some of the ingredients listed in this recipe may not be available in your area. Please contact your Gordon Food Service Sales Representative for more information.