Pan Seared Sea Scallops With Crispy Prosciutto
Prep Time30 minutes. Makes 1 227-g. serving.
- 170 g. Prosciutto Ham
- 1 Tbsp. Gordon Choice Liquid Pan and Grill Oil
- 2 ct. Sea Scallops, 8-10 ct./0.5 kg.
- 28 g. Markon Ready-Set-ServeⓇ Spinach
- 14 g. Radicchio, trimmed and chopped in 2.5 cm. pieces
- 43 g. Recipe: Fennel Cream Sauce, warmed
- 0.9 L. Gordon Choice Chicken Base, prepare per package instructions
- 680 g. Baby Fennel, trimmed
- 227g. Markon Ready-Set-Serve 6 mm. Diced Onions
- 454 g. Gordon Choice Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 60 ml. Water
- Place the prepared chicken stock, fennel and onions in a 3.8 L. sauce pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Strain fennel and onions from stock.
- Place fennel and onions in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse to a coarse consistency.
- Add the fennel and onions back to the chicken stock.
- Add the heavy cream to the sauce pot, bring to a boil.
- Place the cornstarch and water in a stainless steel mixing bowl and blend together. Add to the stock mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a storage container and refrigerate until needed for service.
Recipe: Fennel Cream Sauce, warmed
PREPARE THE FENNEL CREAM SAUCE:
PREPARE THE SEA SCALLOPS WITH CRISPY PROSCIUTTO:
- Slice the prosciutto ham into 14 g. pieces on an electric slicer.
- Dry the prosciutto in a food dehydrator.
- Add oil to a heated sauté pan.
- Sauté the scallops on both sides until golden, cooking to desired doneness.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the spinach and radicchio to the heated pan. Cook and toss until slightly wilted.
- Place the wilted spinach and radicchio in the centre of the warmed serving plate.
- Add the scallops.
- Ladle fennel cream sauce around the vegetables.
- Place the crispy prosciutto ham on top.