Piri Piri Half Chicken
- 24.5 kg. Chicken Halves, 2.75-3 lb. avg.
- 360 g. (Recipe) Piri Piri Rub
- 4 un. Markon Lemons
- 480 ml. Kitchen Essentials Pomace Olive Oil
- 355 ml. GFS Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. Trade East Paprika
- 4 Tbsp. Markon Fresh Peeled Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- 2 tsp. Bird’s Eye Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Trade East Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Trade East Ground Ginger
- 355 ml. Kitchen Essentials® Pomace Olive Oil
- 4 kg. Broccoli
- 2.75 kg. Mini Sweet Peppers
- to taste GFS Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
(Recipe) Piri Piri Rub
1] Remove 2 Tbsp. of zest from the lemons with a microplane. Juice 120 ml. of lemon juice.
2] Place the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, paprika, garlic, granulated onion, bird’s eye chili, salt, cumin and ginger in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Whisk until blended.
3] Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
1] Remove the wing paddle and first joint from the chicken halves. Brush each half with 45g. of piri piri rub. Stack 2-3 high in stainless-steel hotel pans. Cover with film wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
To prepare à la carte:
1] Place a half chicken on a heated char-grill. Grill on both sides for 6-7 minutes. Place on a metal baking pan. Place in a 177° C convection oven. Cook 8-12 minutes, or until just cooked through. Slice the leg and thigh from the breast section along the rib cage. Slice the leg at the joint from the thigh. Brush the 3 pieces with 15g. of piri piri rub.
2] Brush a 170 g. piece of broccoli and 3 mini colored peppers with 1 tsp. of the pomace oil. Place on a heated char-grill. Grill on both sides. Cook to desired doneness. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3] Place the chicken on a warmed serving plate. Place the broccoli and peppers next to the chicken.