Pork Carnita Cachapas
YieldMakes 24 390 g-servings.
- 72 ct. Recipe: Sweet Corn Cachapas, warmed
- 5.4 kg GFS Grade A Whole Kernel Corn
- 270 g GFS All Purpose Flour
- 3 ct. Gordon Choice Large Shell Eggs
- 30 g Kosher Salt
- 60 ml GFS Pan Coating Spray
- 360 ml GFS Pan & Grill Oil
- 2 kg Pork Carnita Meat, thawed, hand shredded
- 2 kg Shredded Queso Rico Cheese
- 170 g Romaine Lettuce, sliced
- 720 ml Fire Roasted Salsa Verde
- 120 ml Gordon Choice Sour Cream
Recipe: Sweet Corn Cachapas, warmed
1. In small batches purée the sweet corn until smooth. Transfer to an electric mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment.
2. Add the flour, eggs and salt. Mix on low speed until thoroughly blended. Transfer to a stainless steel mixing bowl.
3. Evenly coat a heated flat griddle with pan spray. Using a #16 disher, scoop the batter onto the griddle. Using the back side of the disher, round the batter into a 10 cm (4”) pancake shape. Cook on both sides until golden-brown and just cooked through. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan in a single layer. Allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
1. Place 3 cachapas on an oiled, heated flat griddle. Cook until just warmed through.
2. Place the cachapas on a serving plate. Place 28 g shredded pork carnita in the center of each. Spread 14 g of cheese on top of the pork. Place in a 177℃ (350°F) oven to melt the cheese.
3. Spread 14 g of lettuce on top of the cheese. Spoon with 3 0ml of salsa verde and drizzle with 15 ml of sour cream.