Pulled Piri Piri Turkey Sandwich
YieldMakes 24 226-g servings.
- 7 g GFS Buttery Pan Spray
- 48 slices GFS Whole-Grain Honey White Bread
- 204 kg Gordon Choice Cooked Pulled White Turkey
- 340 g Recipe: Piri Piri Rub
- 2 ct Markon Fancy California Lemon
- 263 ml Kitchen Essentials Pomace Olive Oil
- 118 ml GFS Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Trade East Ground Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Markon Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Trade East Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp Trade East Mild Chili Powder
- 1½ tsp Trade East Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Trade East Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Trade East Ground Ginger
- 3 qt Rainbow Kale Crunch Salad Blend
- 680 g Pepper Mill Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1¼ qt, plus 113 g Markon Ready-Set-Serve Avocados
Recipe: Piri Piri Rub
1. Remove 2 Tbsp of zest from the lemons with a microplane. Juice 118 ml of lemon juice.
2. Place the lemon zest, juice and all other ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Whisk until blended.
3. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
1. Thaw the pulled turkey under refrigeration and reserve until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Spray one side of each slice of bread with cooking spray. Place on a heated flat griddle, oiled-side down. Cook until golden-brown.
2. Place 85 g of turkey in a stainless steel mixing bowl and add 1 Tbsp of the piri piri rub. Toss together until the turkey is evenly coated.
3. Spray a heated flat griddle with cooking spray. Place the turkey on the griddle. Cook until just warmed through.
4. In a stainless steel bowl, add the kale crunch mixture and dress it with the lemon tahini dressing.
5. Place each piece of bread toasted side down. Spread 2 Tbsp of the avocado pulp on the inside of each slice of bread.
6. Place the pulled piri piri turkey on what will be the bottom slice followed by of 113 g kale crunch salad.
7. Add the top bread slice to the sandwich, cut in half and serve.