- 2 kg Chow Mein Noodles
- 5 L Recipe: Pancetta & Parmesan Broth
- 1.81 kg Pancetta
- 4 L Gordon Choice Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 un Markon® Large Onion, rough chopped
- 1 bulb Markon Garlic, peeled
- 3 inch Ginger
- 6 un Markon Green Onions, white parts only
- ¼ c Parmesan, grated
- 1 L Whole Milk
- 170 g Recipe: Black Garlic Oil
- 198 g Black Garlic
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 118 ml Grapeseed Oil
- ¾ c Recipe: Togarashi Paste
- 59 ml Togarashi Paste
- 59 ml Water
- 59 ml Grapeseed Oil
- 24 un Recipe: Marinated Eggs
- 24 un Eggs
- 1 L Water
- 59 g Kosher Salt
- 59 ml Soy Sauce
- 59 ml Mirin
- 59 g Rainbow Seaweed
- 118 g Green Onions, sliced on the bias
Recipe: Pancetta & Parmesan Broth
1. Combine all ingredients except milk in deep hotel pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
2. Braise in a 163°C (325°F) oven for 2 hours or until pancetta is fork tender.
3. Remove pancetta from oven and allow to cool and refrigerate until needed.
4. Add whole milk to the braising liquid and reduce by half.
5. Transfer to a covered storage container, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe: Black Garlic Oil
1. Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Transfer to a covered storage container, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe: Togarashi Paste
Stir all ingredients to combine. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe: Marinated Eggs
1. Boil eggs in salted water for 6 minutes. Cool and peel.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Cool.
3. Once the brine is cooled add eggs, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
1. Blanch 170 g chow mein noodles in a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes. Cook to desired doneness. Place in a large soup bowl.
2. Ladle 207 ml of Parmesan broth over noodles to coat.
3. Slice pancetta thinly and place on 113 g top of noodles.
4. Drizzle with 177 ml of black garlic oil.
5. Add a dollop of togarashi paste.
6. Garnish with marinated egg halves and 1 tsp. green onion.