Ribs and Waffles
Prep Time12-15 minutes. Makes 1 serving.
- 1 ct. Slab of Baby Back Ribs
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 oz. Trade East Coffee Rub
- 1 ct. Waffle, premade
- 2 oz. Beer Barbecue Sauce
- 5 oz. Recipe: House Pickles & Brine
- ¼ c. Mustard Seed
- 1 ct. Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 c. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ c. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ c. Sugar
- 1 ct. Cucumber, sliced
- 4 oz. Onion, sliced
- Combine the mustard seed, garlic, cider vinegar, water salt and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour the brine in a container and cool to room temperature.
- Add the cucumbers and onions.
- Refrigerate overnight until needed for service.
Recipe: House Pickles & Brine
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs.
- Cut shallow incisions behind each bone.
- Season with salt, pepper and coffee rub.
- Place the ribs on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Heat the oven to 300°F and cook the ribs for 1½ hours, or until you see the meat separating from the bones. Remove from the oven.
- Carefully remove the ribs and cool until needed for plating.
- Cut the waffle into 4 pieces and place on the side of the plate.
- Reheat the ribs on a grill and brush with beer barbecue sauce, cooking until it caramelizes.
- Slice between each rib.
- Place the ribs on top and off to the side of the waffle.
- Drizzle more barbecue sauce on the ribs, if desired.
- Garnish the plate with the house pickles and brine.
This recipe originally appeared in the Gordon Food Service Foodscape publication.