Roasted Prime Rib
- 2.2 kg GFS Cooked Prime Rib, warmed
- 2 c Water
- 1 1/4 c GFS Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 kg (Recipe) Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes, warmed
- 2.25 kg Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 c Whole Milk
- 2 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 226 g Red Bell Pepper, trimmed, small dice
- 1/2 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 ct Markon Lemons, juiced and zested; 2 Tbsp juice, 1 Tbsp zest
- 21 g Markon Fresh Italian Parsley, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Markon Fresh Thyme, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Trade East Fennel Seed
- 1.4 kg Markon Broccoli, trimmed into 56 g portions and cooked
- 680 g Au Jus, warmed
(Recipe) Mediterranean Mashed Potatoes, warmed
1. Place potatoes in a pot of boiling, salted water. Cook until tender. Drain well. Place in the stainless-steel bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
2. Add remaining ingredients to potatoes. Mix on low speed until desired consistency is reached. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a covered storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service.
1. Place a roasting rack inside of a 5 cm full hotel pan. Pour a small amount of water in the bottom of the pan; water should not touch the rack. Place the prime rib on the rack. Place in a heated 135°C (275°F) convection oven. Cook to desired doneness. Let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before slicing. Trim 1” of fat off of the tail.
2. Add 2 c of 85°C (185°F) water and 1 1/4 c of hollandaise mix to a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth. Cover with film wrap. Keep warm.
3. Place a medium star tip on a pastry bag. Place warmed Mediterranean mashed potatoes in the bag.
To prepare à la carte:
Slice a 170 g portion of warmed rib and place on a heated serving plate. Pipe 85 g of potatoes on the plate next to the rib. Place a 56 g piece of warmed broccoli on the plate next to the potatoes. Ladle 14 g of warmed hollandaise on top of the broccoli. Ladle 28 g of warmed au jus on the plate around the rib.