Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- 340 g Prosciutto Ham, Boneless Halves
- 3 tsp GFS Canola Oil Pan Coating Spray
- 340 g Markon Ready-Set-Serve Green Onions
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- Trade East Ground Black Pepper , to taste
- 288 ct. (Recipe) Whole Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- 2.7 kg Organic Rainbow Carrots
- 180 ml GFS Pure Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 340 g GFS Unsalted Butter Prints
- 340 g (Recipe) Fresh Herb Blend
- 30 g Markon Oregano
- 30 g Markon Thyme
- 30 g Markon Tarragon
- 15 g Markon Sage
(Recipe) Whole Roasted Rainbow Carrots
1. Leave the carrots unpeeled but trim off blemishes. Slice any thick carrots in half lengthwise to create uniform-size pieces. Place in a stainless-steel mixing bowl.
2. Drizzle olive oil over the carrots and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Place the carrots on a parchment-lined sheet pan in a single layer. Place in a 177°C convection oven and roast 20 minutes or until lightly caramelized and tender. Allow to cool. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
4. To reheat, place the carrots on a metal baking pan with a small amount of water and bake in a 177°C convection oven for 3-4 minutes.
(Recipe) Fresh Herb Blend
Chop as needed for service: Roll all leaves into a tight bundle. Slice thinly. Chop to desired coarseness. Place in a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service.
Slice the prosciutto into 15 g pieces on an electric slicer. Place the slices side by side on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place in a 163°C convection oven. Cook 10 minutes or until crunchy. Place in a storage container. Cover until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Lightly spray 15 g of green onion tops with pan spray. Place on a heated sauté pan. Caramelize on one side. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Place 340 g of rainbow carrots on an oiled metal baking pan. Place in a heated 177°C convection oven. Cook 10 minutes or until just warmed through. Stack the carrots in a warmed serving dish.
3. Place a 15 g of butter and ½ tsp. of fresh herb blend in a heated sauté pan. As soon as the butter begins to foam, pour over the carrots. Break 7 g of crunchy prosciutto over the top of the carrots. Place the green onions on top of the carrots.