Roasted Vegetables and Quinoa
- 43 g. GFS Vegetable Base
- 1¼ c. GFS Canola Oil
- 170 g. Spanish Onion, fine dice
- 170 g. Markon Celery, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Trade East Garden Seasoning
- 0.7 kg. GFS Prewashed Red Quinoa
- 0.7 kg. Jumbo Carrots, sliced on the bias using a mandoline
- 1.4 kg. Yellow Squash, sliced ¼“ thick
- 1.4 kg. Markon Broccoli, cut into 1” pieces
- 1.4 kg. Markon Cauliflower, cut into 1” pieces
- 48 ct. Markon Sweet Grape Tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 78 g. Trade East Zesty Seasoning
- 340 g. Shredded Parmesan
1. Add vegetable base to 1½ qt. of boiling water. Stir until base has dissolved.
2. Place oil in a heated, nonreactive rondeau. Add onions, celery, garlic and garden seasoning. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the celery is tender. Add vegetable stock to the vegetable mixture. Add quinoa and cook over low heat until liquid has been absorbed, stirring frequently. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to a storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate for future service.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Place 2 tsp. Of canola oil in a heated sauté pan. Add 28 g of carrots and 57 g each of: squash, broccoli and cauliflower. Sauté until browned and tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add 4 tomato halves. Cook until just warmed through. Add 1 tsp of zesty seasoning. Toss pan. Cook until just warmed through.
2. Scoop ½ c. of quinoa onto a warmed serving plate. Place the vegetables on top of the quinoa. Sprinkle ½ oz. of shredded Parmesan cheese over the top of the vegetables.