Salami & Fig Jam Toast
YieldMakes 24 225-g servings.
- 24 ct. Heartland Grain Bread, thawed
- 350 ml Mediterranean Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 120 slices Sliced Hard Salami
- 3 L Recipe: Fig Tomato Jam
- 1.8 kg Markon Roma Tomatoes
- 900 g Dried Figs
- 454 g Jumbo Spanish Onions, small dice
- 90 g GFS Light Brown Sugar
- 60 ml GFS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 30 ml Kosher Salt
- 5 ml Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 24 ct. Fresh Burrata Mozzarella Cheese
- 170 g Markon Ready-Set-Serve Green Onions, green tops sliced on a long 2” bias
Recipe: Fig Tomato Jam
1. In small batches, place the tomatoes and figs in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse-chop into 1/8" size pieces. Place in a nonreactive rondeau.
2. Add the onions, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper to the rondeau. Bring to a boil. Stir frequently. Simmer until liquid has reduced and mixture has thickened.
3. Cool the fig jam mixture. In small batches, place the mixture in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse-chop until smooth.
4. Place in a covered storage container. Label, date and refrigerate until needed.
To prepare à la carte:
1. Brush both sides of 2 slices of bread with 15ml of olive oil each. Place on a heated flat griddle. Cook on both sides until golden-brown. Spread 4 oz. of fig tomato jam on one side of a grilled bread slice. Place on a warmed serving plate.
2. Place 5 slices of salami on a heated flat griddle. Cook quickly on both sides turning continuously until lightly browned, about one minute. Shingle the slices on top of the jam.
3. Slice the burrata into quarters. Immediately place on top of the salami, sliced-side up. Sprinkle 5 ml of sliced green onions on top of the burrata.