YieldMakes 1 284-g serving.
- 85 g Salmon Sides
- to taste Kosher Salt
- to taste Trade East Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Gordon Choice Canola/Extra Virgin Olive Oil Blend
- 14 g Boston Bibb Lettuce
- 43 g Mini Romaine Lettuce
- 28 g Seedless Cucumber, sliced
- 7 g Markon Jumbo Red Onion, diced
- 3 tsp Markon Ready-Set-Serve Radishes, grated
- 28 g Pepper Mill Creamy Miso Dressing
- 28 g Avocado, diced
- 1 ct Recipe: French Bread Tuile
- 6 ct Gordon Choice 15 cm French Loaf, frozen
- 1 spray GFS Pan Coating Spray
- ⅛ tsp Trade East Hulled Sesame Seeds
Recipe: French Bread Tuile
1. Set up an electric slicer to 3 mm or #6.
2. Place the frozen bread roll inside the guide of the slicer so it is on its side and horizontal against the blade.
3. Push the bread against the blade so it is cut into 15 cm long slices.
4. Gather two full-length sheet trays and set your convection oven to 177°C (350°F) on high fan.
5. Flip the first sheet tray over so that the bottom is now your top.
6. Place a silicone mat (or parchment) on top of the sheet tray and lay the bread slices on top.
7. Liberally spray the pan coating over the bread slices, flip over and repeat.
8. Place another silicone mat (or parchment) on top of the bread slices followed by another full sheet tray so the bread is pressed between the silicone mats. This keeps the bread flat while baking and conducts an even browning.
9. Bake at 177°C (350°F) for 10 minutes and remove the sheet tray stack from the oven.
10. Remove the top sheet tray and the silicone mat and transfer the toasted bread tuiles to a roasting rack and allow to cool.
11. Once the bread is cool, dry and crisp, transfer to a covered storage container for future service.
1. Dry the salmon with a paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place a small sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil blend.
3. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the salmon presentation-side down.
4. Sear for about 3 minutes or until golden-brown.
5. Flip the salmon over and sear for an additional 3 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and reserve for plating.
7. In a large stainless steel bowl, add the bibb lettuce leaves, small romaine leaves, cucumber, red onion and radishes.
8. Drizzle the miso dressing around the salad and mix using tongs or gloved hands.
9. Plate in a large salad bowl and top with the salmon.
10. Place avocado pieces through the salad and garnish with the french bread tuile and white sesame seeds.
Some of the ingredients listed in this recipe may not be available in your area. Please contact your Gordon Food Service Sales Representative for more information.