Smoked Pork Loin
- 2 kg Smoked Boneless Pork Loin, sliced into 28 g portions
- 3 Tbsp GFS Pan Coating Spray
- 1.4 kg (Recipe) Fresh Fruit Compote
- 1.4 kg Cantaloupe, trimmed and medium diced
- 1.4 kg Pineapple, trimmed and medium diced
- 1 c GFS Medium Brown Sugar
- 3 ct Markon Lemons, juiced, yield 6 Tbsp
- 1.4 kg Markon Gala Apples, trimmed and medium diced
- 2.7 kg (Recipe) Scalloped Hash Brown Potatoes
- 2.7 kg GFS Shredded Hashbrowns, thawed
- 453 g Vidalia Onion, small dice
- 2 c 2% Milk
- 2 c GFS Feather Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 c GFS Liquid Butter Alternative
- 4 Tbsp No Salt Garden Seasoning
- 1 kg Markon Romaine Hearts, torn into pieces
- 340 g Pepper Mill Raspberry Vinaigrette, placed in a squeeze bottle
(Recipe) Fresh Fruit Compote
1. Place pineapple, cantaloupe, brown sugar and lemon juice in a heated nonreactive rondeau. Cook up to 2 minutes over medium heat until fruit warmed through and slightly softened.
2. Add apples. Cook for 1 minute or until apples are just warmed through and begin to soften. Immediately spread fruit mixture on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Refrigerate and let cool uncovered. Transfer to a nonreactive storage container. Cover, label, date and refrigerate until needed
(Recipe) Scalloped Hash Brown Potatoes
1. Place all ingredients in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix with a rubber spatula; do not over mix.
2. Spray a 5 cm full stainless-steel hotel pan with cooking spray. Spread hash brown mixture out evenly. Place in a heated 148°C (300°F) convection oven. Cover up to 40 minutes or until just cooked through. Slice into 113 g portions. Serve immediately.
1. Lightly spray both sides of each pork medallion with cooking spray. Place on a heated flat griddle and cook until both sides are golden-brown and warmed through.
2. Shingle warmed pork on the front a warmed serving plate. Spoon 56 g of warmed fresh fruit compote over the top of the pork. Place 113 g of warmed scalloped hash brown potatoes at the top of the serving plate next to the pork. Place 42 g of salad blend next to the hash browns. Drizzle 14 g of raspberry vinaigrette over the salad.