Spicy Potato Corn Dog
Prep Time5 minutes. Makes 1 Corn Dog.
- 85 g. Markon Idaho Baker Potatoes, Medium Dice
- 7 g. Rice Flour
- ⅓ tsp. 8½” Wood Skewers
- 1 ct. Angus Beef Franks
- 99 g. Recipe: Korean Corn Dog Batter
- 2 ct. Large Grade A Eggs
- 184 g. Tap Water
- 298 g. Crust & Bread Flour
- 113 g. Rice Flour
- 14 g. Granulated Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp. Instant Yeast
- 1 tsp. Coarse Kosher Salt
- Crack the eggs into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add the water.
- Add the sifted flours, sugar, yeast and salt.
- Mix on low speed until fully combined and increase speed slightly until the gluten has developed.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow the dough to rise at room temperature until it has doubled in size (up to two hours).
- Store in the cooler if not using immediately.
- 14 g. Coarse Panko Bread Crumbs
- to taste Coarse Kosher Salt
- 14 g. Recipe: Sriracha Mayo
- 907 g. Gordon Choice Heavy Duty Mayonnaise
- 113 g. Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 28 g. Unseasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- Whisk together all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Transfer to squeeze bottles or deli containers and refrigerate until needed.
- ¼ tsp. Black Sesame Seeds
Recipe: Korean Corn Dog Batter
Recipe: Sriracha Mayo
- Heat a fryer to 177°C.
- Skewer the hot dog, pushing the stick to within about 104 cm. of the end.
- Create a breading system, with the dough in a shallow pan, the blanched potatoes in a second pan, the breadcrumbs in a third pan, then a sheet tray for the finished product. NOTE: keep a bowl of water nearby to wet the hand that's applying the sticky dough.
- Hold the skewered dog in one hand, stretch the dough over the dog to completely and evenly cover. Use your wet hand to pull and stretch any extra dough from the bottom end.
- Transfer the coated dog to the pan with the diced potatoes. Roll the dog over the potatoes allowing them to adhere. Gently squeeze the dog to retain an even shape once this step is complete.
- Coat the dog with the panko mixture, gently patting the breadcrumbs down so they fill the gaps between the potatoes.
- Fry the corn dogs in baskets until the exterior is golden-brown, about 4 minutes, and the dog reaches an internal temperature of 74°C.
- Place the dog on a serving plate and season with salt.
- Sauce the dog with the sriracha mayo from a squeeze bottle and garnish with black sesame seeds.