Sun Rise Breakfast Po’Boy
- 24 un. 7½” Sliced French Roll, thawed
- 30 ml. GFS Pan Coating Spray
- 355 ml. GFS Canola Salad Oil
- 24 un. GFS Eggs
- GFS Salt, to taste
- Trade East Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 kg. Markon Iceberg Lettuce, thinly shredded
- 510 g. Creamy Sriracha Mayonnaise, in squeeze bottle
- 450 g. GFS Sour Cream
- 450 g. GFS Heavy Duty Mayonnaise
- 44 ml. Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp. Trade East Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp. Trade East Sea Salt
- 96 un. GFS Fresh Bacon, 9-11 ct./lb., cooked
- 2 kg. Ripe Avocados, trimmed, sliced lengthwise
- 680 g. Pickled Matchstick Carrots
- 1 kg. Jumbo Carrots, julienned
- 1 L. Water
- 480 ml. Seasoned Rice Wine Vinegar
- 240 g. GFS Granulated Cane Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1¼ tsp. Trade East Ground White Pepper
- 225 g. Markon Cilantro, hand-torn leaves
- 225 g. Markon Mint, hand-torn leaves
- 225 g. Jalapeño Peppers, thinly sliced
- 225 g. Markon Chives, thinly sliced
Creamy Sriracha Mayonnaise, in squeeze bottle
1] Place all ingredients in a stainless-steel mixing bowl and blend thoroughly using a wire whisk.
2] Transfer to a covered storage container, label, date and refrigerate until needed.
Pickled Matchstick Carrots
1] Trim carrots. Julienne on mandoline. Place carrots in a nonreactive storage container.
2] Combine water, vinegar, sugar, salt and white pepper in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Whisk until sugar and salt have dissolved. Pour the pickling brine over the top of the carrots.
3] Cover the storage container. Allow to set at room temperature for at least 3-4 hours. Drain before use. Note: Pickling brine may be used on most all cut vegetables such as celery, cucumbers, radishes, cauliflower and onions.
To prepare à la carte:
1] Open a sliced roll so it can lay flat for toasting, leaving it hinged on one side. Spray the inside of the bread with pan spray. Place on a heated flat griddle, oiled-side down. Cook until golden-brown.
2] Place 1 tsp. of canola oil in a heated, nonstick sauté pan. Break an egg into the pan. Cook 1 egg, sunny-side up or to desired style and doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
3] Place the roll on a warmed serving plate, toasted-side up. Spread 3 oz. of shredded lettuce out on top of both sides of the roll. Drizzle 21 g. of creamy sriracha mayonnaise on top of both sides of the lettuce. Spread 4 strips of warmed bacon on top of lettuce. Shingle 85 g. of avocado slices on the lower half of the roll.
4] Spread 30 g. of carrots down the center of the po'boy on top of the avocado and bacon. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of cilantro and 1 tsp. of mint on top of the carrots and avocado. Shingle 7-8 jalapeño slices down the center of the carrots. Place the egg on top of the center of the sandwich. Sprinkle ½ tsp. of chives on top of the egg.