Tomato and Strawberry Gazpacho
YieldMakes 32 170-g portions.
- 2.27 kg Markon Fresh Large Tomatoes
- 2.27 kg Markon Strawberries
- 1.13 kg GFS Seedless Cucumber
- 454 g GFS Yellow Onions, shaved 1/16” thick
- 907 g Markon Red Peppers, fire roasted
- 907 g White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ Tbsp Markon Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic
- 57 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- to taste Coarse Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Tabasco Sauce
- 28 g Markon Basil, minced
1. Peel fully ripened tomatoes by slicing an X in the skin at the bottom of each tomato with a paring knife. Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for about 15 seconds or until the skins slip away easily. Plunge tomatoes in an ice water bath to chill. Remove from ice water and remove the skins. Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the core, seeds and pulp with a spoon.
2. Remove the green tops of the strawberries and cut in half.
3. Peel and roughly cut the cucumber.
4. Place the tomatoes, strawberries and cucumbers into a gallon-sized reclosable plastic bag.
5. Blanch the shaved onions and add to the bag.
6. Add the fire-roasted red peppers, vinegar and garlic.
7. Allow mixture to macerate under refrigeration for 12 hours.
8. Purée the mixture with a blender, or process in small batches in a food processor until smooth.
9. Add the olive oil and blend.
10. Season with salt and Tabasco and garnish the soup with basil.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving)
Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 10 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 2 g