Nutrition Resource Centre Webinars
Staffed by a team of Registered Dietitians, the NRC is an excellent source of information regarding food safety and more, with a wide variety of tools designed to enhance productivity and improve accuracy.
Continuing Education Credits
Each webinar training earns 1 credit for continuing education. Credits have been applied for through the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management.
Register today for one of the online webinar trainings presented by our Nutrition Resource Centre (NRC).
'My menu cost is fine, why am I over budget?' : Closing the gap between your per diem and your food spend
JANUARY 22, 2019, 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. EST
- Understand the "holes in your food budget"
- Learn to calculate your theoretical and actual food costs
- Understand the tools available to you to fill each hole in your food budget
What you need to know about Food Safety in a Healthcare Foodservice Operation
MAY 7, 2019, 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. EST
- Review the importance of food safety in healthcare foodservice
- Provide a general overview of food safety practices
- Explore available tools and best practices for continuous staff education
Understanding Protein Needs in Older Adults
AUGUST 13, 2019, 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. EST
- Review the latest research on protein and recommendations for older adults
- Learn about the best sources of protein for different types of diets
- Understand the impact of plant based diets on your menu
A closer look at the updated Canada's Food Guide
OCTOBER 15, 2019, 1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. EST
- Provide an overview of Health Canada's recent release of Canada's Food Guide
- Review new guidance documents for healthcare foodservice operators
- Discuss the impact on healthcare menu planning with the Nutrition Resource Centre team